I have not been able to resolve the question about the efficacy of Sinemet
 over time.  It has been stated that the administration of Sinemet  should be
delayed as long as possible so as to defer the eventual loss of effectiveness
of the drug.
Question:
(1) Is this loss of efficacy due to built up immunity against the drug over a
span of five or so years? Or
(2) the drug becomes ineffectual because of the advance of the disease so
that nothing would help at that point?
(3) If Sinemet is initiated at a likewise advanced stage of PD, would it be
efficatious at all?

I am still baffled by the complexities of this disease.  And we do the best
we can because we do not like the alternative!!!

Michel
Near where  the cherry   trees recently blossomed,  and
where some idiots have for years tried to bloom on the hill.