   There was  a recent posting from Pam Dalby about
the reply she received from Rep. Hastert in which he
talked about the increased funding for the NIH. I received
a similar letter from our Congressman, Bill Paxon, saying
that he supported a 4.6% increase in funding for the
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
(NINDS) and that the House has urged NINDS "in the
strongest terms to make Parkinsons a very high research
priority." Sounds great, but he still is not cospoonsoring
the Udall Bill. I think we are both getting the runaround.
    Does anyone know how much of this increase is actuallly
going to Parkinson's research? I'd like to write back to
Paxon with this information. He is on the Commerce Committee,
so his support is important.
Linda Herman