Finally got a reply from our Rep. John Boehner (an extremely conservative
Republican,high up in power structure) to my latest letter sent weeks ago.
He states his "support for research into PD.."of course, but reiterates his
argument against co-sponsoring as being that he doesn't believe Congress
should micro-manage the distribution of funds for medical research. We've
sent him tons of data,demonstrated cost-effectiveness, etc etc etc--but
how do we counter this argument? I've suggested he talk with other Repub-
licans who have co-sponsored--nothing seems to reach him, and we were un-
successful in seeing him personally here, talking only with a young aide who
knew zilch....Perhapss if folks are lobbying in Congress this info will be
helpful in approaching him--at least he responds, which is more than Sen.
Mike DeWine ever does. (Sen. Glenn IS a sponsor,though.) Any ideas will be
welcome.  I plan to send hard copy of his letter to PAN office, BTW.
Yours in the grasp of total frustration--Camilla Flintermann,Oxford,OH