Ivan Suzman wrote, in part:
>>This should no longer be the "subject." It should now be renamed, "PD and
>>glucose abnormalities."

>>There are various glucose abnormalities, like "borderline diabetes,"
>>"brittle diabetes," "hypoglycemia," "hyperglycemia,""diabetes,"  "low
>>blood sugar," and so forth, which occur in the relatives of Parkinsonians
>>in high frequency.

I'm a big fan of precise expression, so my corrected message reads as
follows:

Glucose Abnormalities and PD:  My brother was a very brittle juvenile
diabetic.  My mother's brother developed diabetes late in life which is
controlled by diet. I don't know of any other confirmed cases of glucose
abnormalities in our family.  (My mother is the PD patient.)

Is anyone looking into the odds of a NON-PARKINSON having a family member
with glucose abnormalities?  I don't think the survey results will tell us
much unless we can make a real comparison.

Also, if the survey is to have any validity, EVERYONE should be encouraged
to respond, ESPECIALLY if they're writing only to say that there's NO
glucose abnormality in their family.  If people with no relatives that have
glucose abnormalities fail to respond, the survey's automatically skewed.

Hope this clarifies things.