*After sending this to seeveral folks, it was suggested that I post it to
the group...soooooo, here ya' go!*
------------------------------

Back from 3rd videotaped evaluation. No private room this time in Coronary
Care and no telemetry monitoring equipment stuck all over my chest (only
done the first t time). No middle of the night "we're just gonna check your
vitals" routine. My roommate this time, as well as the 1st go-round, was a
55-yr old guy named Christie (sp?). After another evening of comparing PD
experiences, I asked him how many others he knew who had PD. He said I was
the only other person with PD that he'd ever talked with. What a scary
thought, huh?

The nurse quickly realized that my conversational style was a little
different than her usual patient (so I gave it that extra effort). When she
stuck her head in to check on us (neither of us was able to locate a bucket
of water and/or lift it on to the top of the partially-open door) and asked
if "either of us needed a urinal?", I quickly spoke up (not knowing what to
say) and said "No, I prefer to wet myself...and before you leave, I'd like
to place an order for a cold wake-me-up enema for my roommate".

All my evaluations are over and all of us are waiting for the Kaiser
personnel in Sacramento (CA) to get this program going. I'm scheduled for
the #2 surgery slot at present; this is now looking like June sometime.

My neurologist, Dr. Helen Bronte-Stewart, will do the sterotactic-mapping
of "where to place the lesion in my brain" and repeatedly checking my
optics field of vision throughout the procedure.

Dr. Conrad Pappas of Sacramento will be the neurosurgeon who will be
"sterile" to work on me (insert favorite "sterilization" joke here). His
duties are the placement of the head-frame, drilling of the bore-hole into
the skull and insertion of electrode-probes, and the burning of the
hyperactive areas in my brain

Dr. Jerry Vietech (sp?), a surgeon with the Emory University
pallidotomy-team is scheduled to be there to oversee the operation.

SUMMARY:

Am I scared?.....yeah, a little. But the welcome relief from this disease
far outweighs any hesitancy to have the operation.

As you're aware, humor often masks my fear and pain because that seems to
work for me. But sometimes I pound my fists against the wall and curse or
cry  loudly in frustration  in an effort to cope with the relentless
onslaught of symptoms and side-effects...did you know that?
Hope you're doing well. The weather has been gorgeous at times lately and
being able to enjoy those times is a wonderful feeling.

-David