We attended the formal "bill signing" by the Governor Ben Nelson at the State
Capitol in Lincoln, NE on Thursday, April 18, 1996.

The Parkinson's Registry in NE will be maintained by the state Department of
Health.  Information will be provided by MDs, Hospitals and Pharmacists.
 (This will allow us to record patients who see neurologists out of state
(many NE residents go to Colorado, Kansas, or Minnesota), buy drugs by mail
order, as well as those out of state patients who may be hospitalized in NE.)
 Patients names will be confidential.  Statistical information will be
available to those doing legitimate Parkinson's research.

Having passed my copy of the final bill on to a person from the media in
attendance, I will not be able to provide same tonight, but will post
information the first part of next week.

Ron Pfeiffer, MD, University of Tennessee (formerly U of Nebraska Med Center
- Neurology) and John Bertoni, MD, (Neurology, Creighton University) were
instrumental in the development of the legislation.

I am not aware of any connection to the Mulligan Foundation and the Nebraska
Registry.......never heard of the Mulligan Fdn prior to reading message on
Parkinsn list this evening.

Governor Nelson remarked at the "signing"......the day for celebration is not
today.  The day we celebrate is that day  in the future when  no name appears
on the Parkinson Registry in Nebraska.
Rita Weeks