There was a time when I was less sensitive to food while on liquid sinemet
(LS).  Nowadays, I can turn OFF sometimes just having a potato chip.  Other
days I can eat three-egg omlets and not skip a beat on LS.  Since it is
unpredictable I make the best of a bad situation.  (As Joyce stated) I eat
protein all day long.  I do hold down the protein during the day, but I do
not restrict my social life because of fear I will turn OFF.  I have found
that if I know I will have a moderate amount of protein at lunch, I will chew
a half of a regular sinemet 25/100 with the meal.  Similarly, in the evening
when meals are larger, I will chew a full 10/100 with the meal.  This
normally will get me through the 3 to 4 hours following a meal.

Many support groups meet around the 1 - 3 PM time.  I give presentations at
these meeting.  I have wondered how many people are not there because they
just turned OFF from lunch and do not want to be seen in an OFF state or lack
the motivation to attend a support meeting when OFF.  I have my Young-Onset
meeting at 10 AM on Saturdays.  Some patients are not functional by 10 am,
but all indications are that our mind is at its best in the morning.  (I will
say I cheat a little on meeting day.  I most likely will skip breakfast and
eat goodies at the meeting.).  Oh well, we do what we have to in hopes of
winning small battles.

Regards,
Alan Bonander