> Is anyone looking into the odds of a NON-PARKINSON having a family member
> with glucose abnormalities?  I don't think the survey results will tell us
> much unless we can make a real comparison.
>
> Also, if the survey is to have any validity, EVERYONE should be encouraged
> to respond, ESPECIALLY if they're writing only to say that there's NO
> glucose abnormality in their family.  If people with no relatives that have
> glucose abnormalities fail to respond, the survey's automatically skewed.

Hmmm.  I have another problem with this survey. My PD husband's sister
has Diabetes.  However, she is also morbidly obese which is *why* she has
Diabetes.  The other family member on my husband's side who had Diabetes
was also extremely obese.  Does this information muddy the waters of our
survey?  Are we looking at a control group (spouses of PD folks might fit
that category).
-----
Mary Ann