Dear John:  I have found that dryness aggravates the problem --as does
failing to use your voice.  At first, I had the notion that I should save my
voice for court.  Wrong.  When I am doing research in a library and not
talking to anyone, back comes the softness and the hoarseness -- two of the
earliest symptoms of PD I can recall.  Sounds rather silly, but I try to sing
as loud as I can (when alone) and a little harmonizing with Nancy Wilson and
Frank and Bobby and June Christy and Edie Gorme` and the Four Freshmen does
wonders for the soul -- and the vocal chords.  PettifogJS @Aol.com. (Jack
Stanfield, Laramie, Wyoming).