Hi Kathie
I'm glad you're addressing the special effects of PD on younger women.

 I go through the same horror - not every month, but about  8 out of 12! I
was prescribed Acetazolamide 250 mg, 1 tablet 3 x day, 10 days before mensus.
It seemed to work at first, then didn't. Very soon after starting this med,
started seeing double and constantly seeing silver circles at the two sides
left and right. My doctor said the medication was something given to persons
with Epilepsy, and they didn't understand how it works, but somehow it helps
some premenopausal women parkies soften that horrible time. Doctor explained
the silver circles as something to do with the nerves reacting to the
medicine. I took it for several months, but the times of horror kept running
into more and more days causing and I was told my PD's progression was the
culprit. So the meds were discontinued.