At 04:58 PM 4/15/96 -0400, you wrote:
>I used to have a reprint of criteria for the various stages of PD, but I
>have misplaced it.  The article was written by somebody and Yahr (??).
>ANyone have a reference for the article, or better yet the criteria for
>the stages of PD in a form that could be e-mailed or faxed to me.
>
>Wishing you happy returns of the day,
>
>Allan Netick

Staging of Parkinson's Disease

Stage I   Unilateral involvement

Stage II  Bilateral involvement, but no postural
          abnormalities

Stage III Bilateral involvement with mild postural
          imbalance; patient leads an independent life

Stage IV  Bilateral involvement with postural instability;
          patient requires substantial help

Stage V   Severe, fully developed disease, patient is
          restricted to bed and chair

Hoehn and Yahr (1967)

John Cottingham    "The parkinsn list brings Knowledge, Comfort, Hope, and
Homeboy             Friendship to the parkinsonian world."
LibraryH            Parkinson's Chat on the Undernet 8:30 PM CST -6 Daily.
                    If you access the Internet through a provider with a
[log in to unmask]     PPP/SLIP account, free IRC chat software is available. WFD