Dear Edwin Partridge:

I am posting this to the list and also will e-mail you privately, just
to be sure you receive this. Please respond to the list as I think
others on the list may benefit from your answer.

You told the story about using Betagan(sp?) drops in your eyes for
glaucoma, and that when you discontinued them your Parkinson symptoms
improved greatly.

My question is, did you find another drug to substitute for the Betagan?
If so, what is it.  If not, how has your glaucoma been affected by
discontinuing the drops?  What, if anything does your opthalmologist
recommend to treat the glaucoma.

My father (79/6) uses a beta blocker for glaucoma and some of the family
now wonder if this could be the reason his Parkinson symptoms have
worsened. His opthalmologist knows he has Parkinsons. Is the beta
blocker-Parkinson connection something new?

Betti Adams [log in to unmask]