I had written earlier about the PD/diabetes connection in my
husband's family, but it goes further that I was aware, after talking
to my sister-in-law.  So, to recap:

my husband, Iain - age 55/PD 12 years
his older sister - diabetic
their mother - PD - also diagnosed in her early 40's
her brother  - diabetic
their mother (i.e. my husband's maternal gradmother) - diabetic

So much for PD being an "older person's disease" as was suggested on
another post.

As for my family history, if I am to serve as the control group:  no
history of either condition, save my maternal grandmother's half
sister who had adult onset diabetes.  But that is kind of stretching
it, isn't it?

Barb Bates