In Phoenix, Arizona, I hear, all handicapped parking spaces
are required to be VAN ACCESSIBLE -- 3 feet wider.

It seems that cars are parking in the few van spaces, so the
van owners lobbyied that all spaces be van size.

The down side is that 10 car spaces will be reduced to 7
van spaces -- perhaps reducing the number of hadicapped spaces.

The advisor to our governor's council on developmental disabilities
is against the vans' imposing their needs on society. Too high
a social cost, she says.

 |       @..@        A.J. CONOVALOFF                                 |
 |      (----)       PSP Support Groups of ARIZONA         __o       |