Dear Dora Walters
I also started on Sinemet three weeks ago, same dosage, 25/100, with the same
results: nausea; worsening of some symptoms like hoarsness and incontinence;
but no improvement in the other symptoms except for balance/festination which
is about 50% better.  Ernie Peters says the nausea took 2 months to go away,
but I'm wondering if it should take that long for any beneficial effects to
be noticeable.  I take 5mg Eldepryl once in the morning and again at noon,
plus vitaminins A, E, and C, and am on ERT.  I take Sinemet 45-60 minutes
before eating, restrict protein at breakfast and lunch to @ 5 - 6 grams each
and then eat a normal dinner.  Since the last pill of the day didn't seem to
help even the one symptom, possibly because of my protein intake, and made me
too sick to enjoy dinner, I've skipped it the last few days and don't seem to
be the worse for it.  So much for the honeymoon; I,m considering a "divorce,"
at least until my symptoms are worse than the regimen.

Kathy ([log in to unmask])