Chris--yes, vision problems can be an effect of PD, and well as the dry/oily
skin conditions you describe. Peter was at the ophthalmologist's last week be-
cause his vision was blurred, and no change in his glasses was prescribed.
We have read that it is not unusual for PDers to have eye problems which
are not detectable on examination. Another version is tracking problems when
reading, due to PD's effect on the eye muscles, I think.  Dry eyes cn be a
problem, and Peter uses "artificial tears" several times daily to relieve
this.   The flaky but oily skin sounds like blepharitis, not unique to PD
but often present. Eyelids are vulnerable, and must be carefully and regularly
cleansed to avoid infection and irritation.Scalp is affected, and skin overall
can be very dry and itchy. These are some of the  delightful "lesser" side
effects of PD, of which the list seems almost endless! :-(  Glad you are
able to help your folks by monitoring the list for them.Stay connected...