It takes skilled statistical analysts to draw safe and sound conclusions from

retrospective studies.  Medical statistics compound the felony further.
Variations
in disease syndromes/ patient catagories
(gender,age,race)/environment/climate/
geography/personality (A-B type,etc.) or even the statistician, perhaps,
casts  a
light-beam across the data.

The December,1995 British Medical Journal report that patients taking
Eldepryl
with their Sinemet had  higher mortality rate, or deceased at an earlier age,
than those using Sinemet without Eldepryl sent a murmur of doubt around the
"Online" world.

 Recent glimmerings from Grateful Med assure us that the probability of this
being a fact is now being probed, tested, analyzed, and given a full
examination.
Studies showing variations in reaction to  all the above mentioned factors
are
delineated in searching the Medline. Will cite studies on request.

So let's settle down and take our medicine until our doctors tell us
otherwise...
.
mary manfredi(Mehmoirs)