The following responds to the qquesttion that was posteddd about whether it's
best to start or delay taking sinamet when 1st diagnosed. It's written by Tom
Niichols - a young onset Parkie who has PD over 21 years (he's doing better
now than before. In fact, he's dooing great. Tom doesen't have acceess to the
list, so I'll send him copies of any answers/ quesstions to him.
Thnx!
mhd

NAME: Tom
AGE: 50
DIAGNOSED: SUMMER 1975

Little was known about Parkinsons Disease in 1975.  I was started on levidopa
right away. When Sinemet came out, I Started taking it, the 10/100 tablet.
When Eldpryl came available I took it with the  Sinemet. I have been off of
Eldepryl
about 4 times.  Each time I had to increase my dose of Sinemet.  I was on
Sinemet,
Eldepryl, and Parlodel  This was O.K.
Sinemet, Eldepryl,  Amantadine, O,K
    "              "                Cabergoline (study drug) I liked this.
    "              "      , Lazabemide  Didn't work for me.
    "              Tolcapone  GREAT MEDICINE  BEST I'VE FELT IN 5 YEARS
Before I started on this drug I was taking 13-14 Sinemet 25/100 a Day.  The
first study
week I had to cut back to 5  a day!!!!!!    I am curently taking 7 25/100 CR
a day, 2 Eldepryl a day, 3 amantadine a day, 6 Permax a day, and 6 Entacapone
a day.

I have been taking levadopa for 20 years and it is still doing the job.

Yours Truely

Tom

NAME: Tom
AGE: 50
DIAGNOSED: SUMMER 1975

Little was known about Parkinsons Disease in 1975.  I was started on levidopa
right away. When Sinemet came out, I Started taking it, the 10/100 tablet.
When Eldpryl came available I took it with the  Sinemet. I have been off of
Eldepryl
about 4 times.  Each time I had to increase my dose of Sinemet.  I was on
Sinemet,
Eldepryl, and Parlodel  This was O.K.
Sinemet, Eldepryl,  Amantadine, O,K
Sinemet, Eldepryl,  Cabergoline (study drug) I liked this.
Sinemet, Eldepryl, Lazabemide  Didn't work for me.
Sinemet, Eldepryl, Tolcapone  GREAT MEDICINE  BEST I'VE FELT IN 5 YEARS