Save the date. . . Sunday, September 29th, 1996

That's the day we will walk together to find a cure for Parkinson's.  The
idea of walking to raise money for PD is nothing new.  But walking across
international borders to put our plight on the map is.  This will be the
largest single worldwide event ever planned for the Parkinson's community.
 Let's get to work now to make the most of the opportunity.

In New York City the Parkinson's Unity Walk is gaining momentum.  Jerry
Stiller and Anne Meara of the comedy team Stiller & Meara have agreed to join
Lynn Redgrave as honorary co-chairs.  We are thrilled to welcome their unique
style of sharp-witted, 'New York' humor to the upbeat spirit of this year's
Walk.

Our efforts to gain walkers for the Parkinson's Unity Walk will center on
having friends contact friends to participate.  We will also have posters,
flyers and press releases in corporate newsletters and local papers.  Our
goal is to grow from roughly 500 walkers to over 1000.  With a bit of hard
work and dedication we can provide our sponsoring PD charities with over
$100,000 in funds for research.

For '96 we have better facilities.  More entertainment.  More corporate
teams. And more just plain fun.

Last week we spoke to New Yorkers about the Walk and PD at a Manhattan street
fair on Broadway.  In five hours over 50 people signed on to participate!
 They are out there.  We spoke with patients, spouses, relatives, children
of, grandchildren of and just plain friends.  They want to do something.

So many people are affected by this lousy disease.  So many want to help.
 People need more information.  They are encouraged by the wonderful
scientific research taking place and the opportunity to bring about new, more
effective treatments.  They want to help their loved ones now.

To learn more about the Parkinson's Unity Walk, E-Mail [log in to unmask] or
[log in to unmask] or call the PUW at 212-580-6505.  A brief video of last
year's walk is available for support groups along.

Pass the Udall Bill in '96.  Come to Washington in May. Do it for Mo.

Fund the research.  Find the cure.

Ken Aidekman