Welcome aboard, Dave-Yes, you've got a lot of company here, all very
helpful and knowledgeable friends.
My symptoms were similar to yours when my PD started at age 53.  Sinemet &
Amantadine kept me working at my postion with a public
relations/advertising firm, with all its stresses and deadlines for another
3 years.  At that time the slump in industries cut back on client budgets
and me, too.  Went for SS Disability, got it in about 5 weeks and have been
on retired status since.  Many of these folks have been down this road a
long ways and can help with any questions you may have.
Regards, Don in W.PA

P. S. Does "@eskimo.com" put you in Alaska??