In the May/June issue of HEALTH magazine there is an article on pallidotomy
called, "The Parkinson's Predicament" written by Deborah Franklin.  I am
quoted about my pallidotomy of three years past.  The article is well
written.

The message is really about an area of HEALTH called Medical Notes on page
62.

The Power of Grapefruit Juice

Doctors may someday tell patients to take sedatives or blood pressure drugs
with grapefruit juice, say researchers at the University of Michigan.  When
drugs are swallowed, intestinal enzymes break down much of the medication
before it can reach the blood.  But chemicals in grapefruit block the enzymes
-- a finding unwise to put into practice at home.

(my note:  I do not understand the last statement -- many of us will use
something other than water with tablets, so why not try Grapefruit juice.)

SWEET DREAMS

Lavender oil performed as welll in treating insomnia as prescription sleeping
pills, in a small study at the University of Leicester in Britain.
 Insomniacs slept as long with the floral scent in the air of their room as
they did after taking drugs.  And they were less likely to toss and turn
while sleep.

THEY CALL IT STORMY MONDAY

A study frfom the University of Minnesota suggests that the risk of having a
heart attack at work is 33% higher on Monday than on other weekdays.

QUOTE ON PAIN

"Pain and pleasure come to us not as opposites, but as twins:  a massage
after a day of gardening, a log on the fire after a hike."  Surgeon Paul
Brand, on the positive sides of pain, in the LA Times.

Regards,
Alan Bonander