   I spoke on the phone today with Richard Ford, who
is Senator Moynihan's aide for health  care issues. When
I asked hime why Moynihan was not a co-sponsor, he said
that "he cannot be familar with all the bills that are
introduced," and only considers those bills that he
thinks will actually get to the floor for a vote, and
he doeesn't think  the Udall Bill will.
   I told him that is exactly why we needed Moynihan's
support on this; told him my "story" and the facts and
statistics. I also told him that some of the most
conservative Senators are co-sponsoring, and how
surprised we were that someone like Moynihan, who is
supposed to be so concerned with social issues, is
not supportive. He will"pass on the information."
   Any other New Yorkers on the list - please try
to contact Richard Ford at 202-224-4451. Maybe if
enough of us call, Moynihan will finally understand
why he should "be familiar" with the Udall Bill.
Linda Herman