In message <[log in to unmask]> Parkinson's Disease -
Information Exchange Network utoronto.ca writes:
> > Speech does become a problem. There are exercises that help some, but the
> > pattern of slurring and very soft speech can become very difficult,
> > espacially as Barbara's speech gets softer my hearing also becomes poorer.
> > My
> > wife finds that a voice amplifier is quite helpful. Interestingly enough,
> > her
> > neurologist knew nothing about them, nor did the local medical supply
> > houses.
> ------
> Would you please email me more information on the product, I was DZ
> last July and am having problems with my speech.
>
> Thx
>
>      -----------------------------------------------------------
>      |                   Dennis G. Williams                    |
>      |                Canada Connect Corporation               |
>      | PO Box 2621 STN M                Calgary, Albert T2P 3C1|
>      | Vox: (403) 777-2025              Fax: (403) 777-202     |
>      -----------------------------------------------------------

Dennis - You can pay a lot of money for a voice enhancer in a fancy audiology
store or catalogue. Some time back our son bought for my wife, 76/10+, a
"rapper's mike," a small version of a bullhorn. Rap musicians use such devices
for their "art". There is a built-in rhythm sound but one does not have to use
that - just ignore the rhythm button.Our son got this at Radio Shack, and the
cost was in the $20 range. It's worth looking into. The sound is not of the
greatest quality, but it serves the purpose.   Good luck!   Bob Howard

Bob Howard, occasionally known formally as:
Robert B. Howard <[log in to unmask]>
1320 Wisconsin St.
Hudson, WI 54016
Voice phone (714) 386 3596