Dear Amy Strizak--not all Pders have speech problems--just as not all
have ANY particular problem--just to make this a "designer disease" as
someone has called it.  In the case of my husband, he does have worsening
speech, both as to volume and as to clarity--and the fact that I wear a
hearing aid doesn't help a bit. I know of 2 other couples with this very
frustrating combination!  Perhaps you are aware of the Lee Silverman Speech
therapy designed especially for PDers? Eventually in some cases speech
deteriorates to the point that a mechanical aid such as a small,handheld
programmable keyboard is needed to write messages, since often handwriting is
also very difficult.(Peter is interested in finding info re: such an aid, if
someone onlist has it...)  So you see you are in a field which can be
helpful to people with PD. Good luck.
Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter,77/6+ <[log in to unmask]>