^
> Have any Parkinson's Patients also been diagnosed with ADHD or ADD?
>
> These questions resulted from the following recent posting on Physicians'
> Online Psychiatry Discussion Group (Child and Adolescent Psychiatry):
> A 10-year-old boy diagnosed with ADHD showed evidence of cog-wheel rigidity
> and resting tremor.
>
> EMAIL:  [log in to unmask]
> Fiona Geiser, Ph.D.

As a special education parent advocate I have come in contact with many
children with a wide variety of disability areas.  Some of them have
cog-wheeling and tremors secondary to neuropathology.  Since PD is not
*supposed* to be genetic, one wonders if this child has other
neuropathology that contributed to his ADHD.

Incidently, few of the ADHD children I've advocated for have had gross
motor problems.
-----
Mary Ann