Thanks to Alan Bolander and Barb Mallut for correcting Latin prefixes. An
analogous problem alluded to, but not mentioned in your message results from
not differentiating correctly "affect" from "effect". "affect" is:.. "to act
upon (as a person, or his/her mind or his/her feelings so as to effect a
response". You might affect me powerfully, but effect me?. Well, maybe you
could. Never underestimate the power of a spell-checker. Best regards.

Steven Mayer, [log in to unmask]

>Barb Mallut,

Steven E. Mayer, Ph.D.