In message <[log in to unmask]> Parkinson's
Disease - Information Exchange Network utoronto.ca writes:
> Hi. I have been learning a lot about PD that I did not know before I
> joined the list.  However, since I am a Speech and Language Pathology
> masters student I am very interested in the communiction aspect of PD.
> My two grandparents who have PD haven't shown any real communication
> difficulties, but perhaps I do not notice it with them since I am so
> familiar with them and their speech.  I would be interested and grateful
> for any information about this topic.
>
> Thanks a lot!
> Amy Strizak

Amy -My wife, 76/10+, has a very soft voice and often poor enunciation, too. The
latter seems to vary, however, and not in any special relation to the status of
her medication. In the car we use an inexpesive mike, fed through a small
amplifier to set of also inexpensive earphones. (All from Radio Shack- total
cost about $40.) This lets us converse in the car.
    She also sometimes uses a "rapper's mike'" which is really a small bullhorn
of the sort that rap musicians sometimes use. She uses this when talking with
others, e.g., at the dinner table. It helps the volume, but not the enunciation,
of course. The only problem is that she feels self conscious about its use, so
she doesn't use it as much as she should.  Best of luck.  --  Bob Howard

Bob Howard, occasionally known formally as:
Robert B. Howard <[log in to unmask]>
1320 Wisconsin St.
Hudson, WI 54016
Voice phone (714) 386 3596