When my brother Ken (60) was diagnosed with PD 2 years ago,
his neurologist told him that medication rarely stopped
the shakes. However, after one  year on medication
(Sinemet, I think), the shaky hand problem disappeared
and has stayed away. He has also regained the ability to
write a letter, although his writing is smaller. He wonders
whether others' experiences have been similar, and whether
his good fortune will last.  He currently manages a stud
property (ranch) in northern Australia but plans to retire
in a year or two.

For the last few months I've been monitoring this list on
his behalf and sending him printouts, which he reads with
a good deal of interest and pleasure. Like many who have no
experience of computers, he is amazed at how people who have
never met each other, and probably never will, can communicate
so easily and help each other with encouragement and
information. He mentioned this list to a young friend, who
has now decided to buy a computer and search for information
on insomnia, from which his wife suffers badly. So the network
grows, and the web widens.

Bruce Wallace
Sydney, Australia