Thanks for posting the Sokal - _Social Text_ article, Michael; I'd
looked for it on the NY _Times_ page on the Web, but couldn't get it.

If anyone's interested, there have been extended discussions of this
issue on the PEIRCE-L and XMCA lists.  I know Peirce-L is archived,
and I think XMCA is.  Extensive quotes from responses by Ross,
Stanley Fish (who is a director of the press that produces _Social
Text_), Sokal, and others have been posted.  As usual, what looks
pretty clear in the _Times_ gets more and more complicated the more
you hear . . .

                                   -- Russ
                                __|~_
Russell A. Hunt            __|~_)_ __)_|~_   Department of English
St. Thomas University      )_ __)_|_)__ __)  PHONE: (506) 363-3891
Fredericton, New Brunswick   |  )____) |       FAX: (506) 450-9615
E3B 5G3   CANADA          ___|____|____|____/    [log in to unmask]
       ~~~~~~~~ http://www.StThomasU.ca/hunt/hunt.htm ~~~~~~~~