My thanks to the Manitoda Mafia, too.  The most astonishing thing about
the organization of the conference, as far as I'm concerned, was that it
was nearly completely invisible:  everything went off smoothly,
everything worked like it was supposed to, not a single glitch in the
arrangements.  And you _know_ that when that happens, people have been
working awfully hard . . .

I also want to thank Sandy in particular, because he had the
less-than-enviable task of moving Inkshedders from one activity to
another.  He managed to keep us on track and more or less on time all
weekend, so that none of the presenters got short shrift.  What's more,
he kept us going in such a way that I never felt railroaded and I never
felt that anything got prematurely truncated.  I don't know how he did
all that, but it had a significant positive effect on the weekend's
atmosphere.

I hope that people will take advantage of Russ' offer to help them get
their presentations up on a web site somewhere.  I'd like to offer my
help, too -- mostly for selfish reasons.  Since I've gotten home, I've
really wished I could revisit a number of the presentations because they
were so thought-provoking that I want to think about them again.  I'd
love to be able to re-read them now.

Thanks again to everyone for a wonderful weekend.

Marcy

Marcy Bauman
Writing Program
University of Michigan-Dearborn