On Tue, 21 May 1996, Doug Brent wrote:

> Changing the subject somewhat from the gloomy issue of privatization
> etc...
>
> I am determined to redouble my efforts to "do something" about the
> writing test and writing centre at the U of C.  I had already decided
> this but seeing the situation from outside, as presented by Geoff,
> Barabara and Jo-Anne at Ink13 lit my fire again.
>
> So I'm on an electronic fact-finding tour.

> 1.  Henry, you collected a lot of dat recently on writing centres
> acroos the country.  I'd ask you to send it to me personally except
> that I imagine that a lot of people on this list would be interested.
> Is it in postable format?  Alternatively, is there a report or pile of
> info that you could put into a big brown bag and send to me?

Doug:

Susan Bell and I have just completed boiling down what we received into
a number of categories that can be presented in statistical form.
Cathy Schryer will be presenting that for us at the CATTW sessions this
weekend.  With that, we have four pages of excerpts from the questions
about what helped most and what caused grief in setting up writing
centres.  Cathy may have time to read a few of those.

At the moment, this stuff is in various files in various computer
programs, but I'll try to unscramble much of it to post on the CASLL
net as well as the new CATTW net

The Canadian session at Milwaukee told us that the Canadian situation is
evolving rapidly, however, so we're planning to update our database for
the next year.  You'll be hearing more from us.

Henry