To: MRDS Members
From: Larry Clopper
Subj: Elections

At the Business Meeting of MRDS at Kalamazoo we began the process for
nominating new members to the Council only to drop the procedure when
someone pointed out that the positions were filled.  We were in error
since two members rotate off each yar and thus we need nominees for
the upcoming ballot.  In addition, we failed to open nominations for
the President and Vice President.  The President and Vice President
hold two-year terms and are automatically nominated for a second term,
but the floor should have been opened to other nominations as well.

Since there are more members on the PERFORM and REED-L Listservs than
were able to attend the business meeting, it seems appropriate to open
nominations electronically.

THEREFORE, WE ASK THAT ALL CONCERNED MRDS MEMBERS MAKE
NOMINATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING OFFICES BY 30 JUNE:

President (Larry Clopper is the current President)
Vice President (Milla Riggio is the current Vice President)
Two Council Members (the current council is made up of Lois
Potter, Victor Scherb, Mimi Dixon, Martin Walsh, John Coldewey, and
Theresa Coletti.  Lois's and Victor's terms will end in 1997).

VERY IMPORTANT:
Please DO NOT make nominations by simply hitting the REPLY
button; nominations should not go out over the Listservs.  Instead,
send your nominations to the Secretary, Jesse Hurlbut:

Once we have nominations, we will ask the nominees whether they are
willing to serve.  We will ask those who agree to provide biographies.
We will send the biographies out along with the ballot.

I apologize for the inconvenience.  Please participate in the
process.

    Best,
    Larry Clopper
    President, MRDS