> No doubt I am the only person on your list who is baffled by the letters MRDS.
> Everyone else know what they stand for.  But I would appreciate a full
> reference.  Who knows, I might be interested in belonging!

MRDS is the Medieval Renaissance Drama Society.  We sponsor academic
papers every year at the Modern Language Association Conference and
at the International Congress on Medieval Studies at Kalamazoo, MI.
In addition, we foster and promote all forms of research on early drama,
performance and related topics.  We are also interested in the
reconstruction of early drama.  MRDS is currently sponsoring a
series of English translations/editions of early European drama (the
first volumes are coming out soon).

Members of MRDS are rewarded with two issues of the MRDS Newsletter
each year as well as the annual volume of Research Opportunities in
Renaissance Drama (RORD) along with its Medieval Supplement.

Dues are:
   US$12 /year - "Regular" Membership
   US$10 /year - Graduate Students and non-tenure-track academics

We welcome anyone interested in joining.

For more information, feel free to contact me at,

MRDS Secretary/Treasurer

4002 JKHB
Provo, UT  84602
USA