Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 15:53:51 -0700
From: Jesse D. Hurlbut <[log in to unmask]>
To: Multiple recipients of list PERFORM <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: (Fwd) Kalamazoo Previews

(I just received these previews for papers at Kalamazoo this week from
Meg Twycross.  See you all there,  Jesse)

Session 114 (Thursday, 3:30):

(1) in Cliff Davidson's session on Art and Drama, Dr Pamela M. King
on  'The Bolton Hours and the York Doomsday' (or a similar title): a
complete rethink on this fascinating illuminated York manuscript and
its relation to the York Mercers' Play of Doomsday: it is all more
complex and more interesting than you think.  With revelatory colour
slides.

Session 234 (Friday, 3:30)

(2) in Andrew Prescott's session on multimedia projects: Prof. Meg
Twycross on 'The York Doomsday Project': an explanation of the
project, its current state and aims, and questions arising.  With (of
course) demos. For those who saw the demo at Toronto - this is not a
repeat but an update after  six hard months at the coal face, during
which we have made some very interesting discoveries (vide Dr King's
'Bolton Hours' paper). Is this the future of medieval/Renaissance
drama archives?

Yours,  Meg Twycross