Margaret,

Greetings from a fellow sufferer, age 55 dx 1985.  I, too, have that
miserable hammertoe and toes that curl under and cramp.  The only thing
that seems to keep it at bay is sinemet; when the medicine wears off the
cramping occurs, especially in the early morning hours.  I, too, would
appreciate any remedies people have used successfully.

My podiatrist gave me several injections for the painful foot problems,
and that has helped.  Another solution is surgery; a friend had it but
found the problem recurs gradually.
Baclafen taken between 1 and 2 a.m. helps sometimes.

Good luck.

Pat Schark