To those of you (like me) who have put off contacting congressional
reprsentatives regarding the Udall bill, I want to report that it took
only a 5 minute phone call to the office of Rep.Bart Gordon (D-Tn) to
get a commitment from him to sign on as a co-sponsor.  I asked to speak
with his aide for health affairs, told her about the bill, and she
reported that he is generally supportive of medical research and that
she would ask him about it.  A couple of hours later I got a call back
that he will be a co-sponsor.

There must be other representatives out there who are just waiting to
be asked!  I encourage everyone who hasn't contacted their reprsentative
to do so.

By the way, I told Rep.Gordon's staff person that if/when he signed on we
would write an article about it in our newsletter which is mailed to
about 1,000 people in middle Tn.  I don't know if this helped or not,
but it couldn't have hurt.

Lynn Walker