Hello from the Heartland.  I am 56 and was diagnosed as Parkinsonian in 1984
when I was 44.   I am so grateful to my husband for giving us this capacity
(I tend to think budget first).  Due to weakness on my right side [even when
I seem agile], I have been unable for several years to drive or walk much
other than for moderate activity around the house. My telephone time has
lessened too both from a persistant neck problem also dating fr. '83  and
 sometimes from voice difficulties.  I find this new communication tool very
energizing, engaging and exciting.

We have a Parkinson research center  at the University of Kansas Medical
Center,  Kansas City, Kansas.    My doc there has overseen my case for  not
only the past  2-1/2 years but intermitantly since 1988, & he states that he
cannot account for some of my symptoms.   We also have a local Parkinson
Referral Center and Office, many fine support groups, and exercise groups.

My meds are currently 4-5 sinemet 25./100,  3 Parlodel 2.5, 1-2 xanax 0.25
mg, and
(bedtime) elavil 25 mg.  Also take vitamen E (400 iu) & Centrum.  Was started
on the elavil prior to other meds & it was effective for @ a year (@1987).
  Any thoughts or questions out there?  I can provide longer history if
anyone thinks it would be useful.

[log in to unmask]  (in the heartland, USA)