Alan Bonander,

        Thanks for the tip on the article in the May/June issue of HEALTH
magazine entitled *The Parkinson s Predicament*.  The most difficult part was
finding a copy of the magazine.  I had to go to three different stores before
finally finding a copy at Super Crown Bookstore.  It was a solid well-balanced
article even  though they failed to interview the premier Pallidotomy
neurosurgeon <Grin>.
        I particularly liked the quote by you at the end of the article relating
how much the Pallidotomy had improved your quality of life even though it was
not a cure.
        I hope our eager neurosurgeons across the country will give heed to Pat
Kelly s comments describing the Pallidotomy as *an art, and training is
critical.*
        Also, thank you for posting some very helpful information on Parkinson's
Disease meds as reported in the City of Hope Parkinson s newsletter.

Dr. Don Berns
4943 Del Monte Rd.
La Canada, CA 91011
818-790-8812