Patricia--the letter you describe from your Representative sounds like
the typical "form" letter of which I have received MANY on MANY subjects,
and means---I fear---absolutely zilch as far as any committment to support
the Udall bill. :-(   The info  she "supplied" you with may have come from
your own letter to her, or those sent by others--that seems to be
standard operating procedure, and makes them "sound" knowledgable, but
carries no promise of agreement. Frustrating, isn't it!  It's a brush-off,
and just means we haveto keep after them until we at least get a response that
indicates some specific questions/action on their part. Good for you to have
written her, and keep it up...maybe asking what are her specific reasons
for NOT agreeing to sponsor, so you can address those reservations. Good
luck---
Camilla Flintermann,CG for Peter 78/6+ Oxford,OH