Hello,

My husband was diagnosed with Parkinson's at the age of 46 also; that was
3 years ago.  However, sometimes I question that diagnosis, as he does
not (and did not) exhibit tremors at all; also, unlike many PD patients, he
actually is in a great deal of muscle/joint pain...I sometimes wonder if
he hasn't been misdiagnosed.  It's not that I'm trying to "bury my head
in the sand", as I realize there could be much worse diagnoses/disorders;
but much of the time the medicine (Sinimet in moderate doses) has many
side effects and doesn't seem to kill the pain for long.   Anyway, I've
been going to our local PD Support group, and I'm glad to have the chance
there and here on the e-mail lists to learn all I can about this,
especially about the latest research.

My  husband, Ed, at 49 still commutes 46 miles to his job at a nuclear
power plant every day and loves to hunt; just this week (turkey season)
he got a 24.5 lb wild turkey.

Best wishes to all...I too would enjoy hearing (especially) from people
with younger onset of PD.