I am a daily reader as my mother, aged 81, has Parkinson's.  She was
recently given a herb or "natural" product by a friend who claims it can
be a substitute for my mother's l-dopa medication.  It's called
l-tyrosine, free form, 500 mg.  My mother is not so foolish as to
consider dropping her regular med but questions if she can take this
l-tyrosine as well.  Can anyone reading this board advise us?  Your help
would be much appreciated.  Actually, you help is ever appreciated as I
frequently print up your comments and mail them to Mama.

Sincerely,

Judith Guion [log in to unmask]