Thank you, Barbara, for this important view of marriage and chronic
diseases from another perspective. I've "been there" myself and I'd agree
that it is important to think of the dynamics of marriage and the
challenges it presents to humankind.

Divorce is incredibly and exquisitely painful and any insight we can gain
on the reasons for failure in marriage is important knowledge for us all.
If y you've not been there already, well it's inevitable that you or a
loved one WILL one day. There's one thing we can count on in life and
that is change. It might be disease and it might be divorce:any way you
cut it, much of the change we experience in life will be imposed on us.

Thank you Barbara for your compassionate and well-written comments.