low's of adolescence.    My PD(early symptoms started @ '1979-80 when I was @
32. Confirmed diagnosis was   @ mid 1985 shortly after I changed jobs and we
moved to Conn.
Started unilat. right, fairly benign for first decade,by mid '90's, real
problems arrise at work, apply for LTD, Placed on leave 8/94, first app for
SSA is rejected, appeal grants me SSA

Here in no particular order are the issues I've seen on the wire that caught
my eye.

#1 Issue is your family and the unbelievable and often unspoken(esp the kids)

stresses, strains, and yes ANGER that can build in a family trying to cope w/
chronic illness.  EVERYBODY SHOULD SEE A COUNSELOR, IT COULD INCLUDE PARENTS.
THEY WERE COUNTING ON YOU AND THAT GREAT JOB TO HELP THEM OUT.  LITTLE THINGS
 LIKE ASKING YOUR MOM & DAD BOTH @ 85 AND IN A1 HEALTH, FOR THE WALKER, CANES
ETC LEFT BEHIND BY GRANDMA!!

Diet(protein) impact on action of drugs:Have NOT noticed that Dairy
products(milk and cheese, or ice cream) cause me any problems.  I rarely
drink milk anymore, but have       @ 6-8oz of 1% Fat Free in big bowl of
 cereal  each morning . Eggs ARE a big problem for me . Even 1 lone poached
or ,fried  for breakfast will KO that AM dose. Neither bacon nor sausage
alone cause the problem.  French toast batter, and eggs in pancakes don't
bother me.  Cheese or  PB&J are my sandwiches of choice, in fact PB&J's  are
one of the best "emerg pusher" snacks when in an "Off-Trough",

FISH  IS MY WATERLOO.( or is it Fish are like the Water in the Loo.......)
Swordfish and fresh Tuna steaks and Blue Fish are guarantees that all  my
medicines and my responses to them will be off the charts.  The lighter-
fleshed  and less oily fish like flounder or sole or farm-raised catfish are,
tolerable when eaten in small amounts.

CAFFEINE
While at a conference, a few years ago,I could not figure out why my peak
dose gait dificulties were getting even worse. As I looked out over the row
upon row of  tables all littered with thermal coffee carafes, my right leg
doing a Thumper/Jackhammer imitation, the answer became obvious.  It's
everywhere in our prep. food chain, so read  labels for its presence, but not
its quantity. BEWARE of  many OTC medicines, pain killers, cold and allergy
meds are laced with rather high doses of caffeine

LARGE HOLIDAY MEALS
In our household that has meant a huge turkey, with enough side casseroles to
feed a  small army. It may not be  the Turkey as much as it is the shear
volume of food that inhibits or delays the uptake of PD meds.

OTHER FOOD//BEV THAT WORKS"("WORKS" = Helps expedite PD meds into the
 system)
     #1#1 #1 #1 is GATORAIDE.  I had initially  thought to use Gatoraide as
the base for making my Liquid Sinemet, but found out that L/S was not for me,
because Sinemet won't dissolve. But what has helped me is the Gatoraide
"chaser".  Also from time to time will pulverize Sinemet putting powder into
gelcaps.  Finally staying well-hydrated and limber
is always good for body and SOUL- Get a holster for your Water Bottle - it's
a good counter weight for your butt or hip pack.

    #2#2#2;  "SNICKERS" and other candies
              Plus Oreo(Hydrox) Lorna Doone,

-HAVING TROUBLE WITH MANIPULATING YOUR PILLS, AND A PAIR OF tweezers does'nt
help, use  an ALLIGATOR CLIP,  ALL SIZES AND DESIGNS, SOME DON'T REMOTELY
LOOKLIKE THE ALLIGATOR, BUT FOR PILLS YOU NEED THAT LONG SNOUT
                               @ RADIO SHACK

It's too late and this is too long, Take care all. next time for drugs, toes,
Disability  etc

                             BYE,

                              Steve Holahan