        I spent one month in Vietnam in December-January of 1995-96 and
seemed to run into references to Parkinsons constantly.  Several parents
of teachers in the unit where I studies were hospitalized on and off
during that period.  Then I interviewed a martial arts instructor in
Hanoi who also referred to it several times. It is only an impression, of
course, not a systematic study, but I would presume that the exposure to
agricultural chemicals is much higher in Vietnamese society than in many
societies, and that there may be a link of some sort.  It would be worth
studying.

Jeffrey G. Barlow               Professor of History
Pacific University,      Forest Grove, Oregon USA 97116
e-mail:  [log in to unmask]