[log in to unmask] wrote:

> Does anyone know anything about Trazodone?  A psychiatrist has prescribed it
> for depression instead of the Pamelor (Nortriptolene).  We need to know as
> soon as possible.
>
> Pam Dalby ([log in to unmask])daughter of Ardith 74/9

Pam,
In some patients, it can cause ataxia (inability to coordinate the
muscles in the execution of voluntary movement). Can also cause
drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision, dry mouth, nausea/vomiting.
Please be sure the psychiatrist is aware of all other medications
currently used!
--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Editor-in-Chief,