As a measure of support for the Udall Bill,  one of the influential
Congressman has requested that we provide him with a list of ten
people with Parkinson's in each congressional district. These people
must be willing to write or call their Congressman in support of the
Udall Bill.  This might be viewed as a national petition.

It occurs to me that we might utilize the assembling of such a list to
achieve several other goals.  First of which would be a national phone
tree.  The ability to  have  the national Parkinson's community
rapidly  communicate their position to the Congress when key hearings
or votes take place over the summer could be a tremendous advantage.
A traditional phone tree would have a pyramidal hierarchy.  With  such
an organization there is always the concern of breaking the chain.  If
one of these ten people in each congressional district had an Internet
connection (i.e. E-Mail) we would be able to link this phone tree
without the organizational.  A designated individual would simply put
a message out asking that people call their Congressman on a
particular Parkinson's issue and that message would transmit right to
the bottom line.

Yet a third goal might be spun off this effort.  Ideally one of these
ten would be the one who agrees to actually go and meet with their
Congressman.  I have long felt that if we had one person with
Parkinson's visit each Congressman we would easily get this bill
through the House.  The recent experience of my wife and I sign on
five Pennsylvania congress in two afternoons, only reinforces that
theory.

WHAT SHOULD YOU DO:

Contact those in your  Congressional district who have Parkinson's
and ask at least ten if they would participate in this national phone
tree and be part of this national petition .

Determine/select one of these who has E-Mail. (Optional)

Designate one of these people to actually goe and visit their
congressman(Optional)

Do the same in as many other Congressional Districts as you can.

Forward these lists to me hopefully via E-Mail

There is a sense of urgency as I am attending the PAN Forum, leaving
here Sun night, and would like to have something started  for when I
get there.  Anything you can do in the next few days would be very
helpful.