Re: Judith's comment:

>> I am taking sinemet CR and often
>> find it takes as much as an hour and a half to feel the effects, though I
>> was told it should not take that long.
>> Regards, Judith.

I too find ( Since I came off Eldepryl) that it takes about one and a half
hours for sinemet CR to "kick in" in the morning and on a bad day even 2 hours.

Fortunately for me, as I am still only fairly recently diagnosed, I can
normally "Get through" the off period.  If I could not, I would suggest
Joe's "trick" to my neurologist. Joe's "trick" is copied below.

>Alan, try the second trick I mentioned- if your dr. approves the extra
>dosage: Half a regular 25/100 tablet gets me started before breakfast.
>After a half hour it has taken effect and then I can eat; then about
>an hour after breakfast (2 hours after the first dose) I take the
>50/200 CR which lasts the rest of the morning. You might wish to look
>up a new citation, which will appear in the June 1996 CSR, describing
>the trick: Pahwa R et al; Neur 1996;46:1059-1062

Regards to all,

Ernie Peters ([log in to unmask])