Nancy Perry and numerous others including me have mulled over the toxic
environmental exposure as cause theoretical postulated rather than genetic.
The studies by many have been inconclusive.  There are some significant
statistical correlations and some family genetic defects.

Upon noting many of us recalling personally traumatic periods just before
symptoms (Nancy's husband must have been very apprehensive about prostate
cancer surgery) and I was very depressed following the automobile killing
my daughter.

Perhaps PD and AD (my mother developed symptoms during her depression
occasioned by the death of my father due to infection complications
following concurrent ulcer and bypass surgery post his heart attack) and
other neural net (brain) diseases are correlatable to (brought on -
manifested by) sustained mental anguish/depression.  Zero zest for life or
suicidal feelings may trigger cognitive apoptosis of the whole neural
network.  The brain's immune system in depression state for too long may
self-destruct in one of these dis-ease syndromes.  Forgetting the
unpleasant emotional woes that cognition is occupied with may induce
forgetting  - loss of short term memory is manifest after the brain has
been attempting to suppress memory of bad emotional events and/or emotional
fear about the future.

ron      1936, dz PD 1984
Ronald F. Vetter <[log in to unmask]>
http://www1.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter/