Fred-- Although it was several years ago, I still remember trying Artane [ it
was supposed to be for tremer mainly I was told] It made me feel as if the
medication was worse than the disease,foggy feeling dry mouth etc.  then
tried Amantadine and felt so much better with the even better effect on the
PD that I  stopped the Artane and continued this way for another 2 years
brfore I started Sinemet. Recently after 6 years on Sinemet I was put on
Amantadine again and was able to reduce intake of Sinemet by 1/3. Good Luck
                  Ellen