Hi Everyone,

The list serve is wonderful but it is also taking a fair chunk of time to
read through it, and more to fully take it in.  But at least I've learned
Downloading 101 and where  to convert it on my machine so I can peruse the
whole thing!

  I am among those who believe that trauma to the nervous system esp. the
brain often triggers PD or PD-like symptoms.  If I understand what you mean
by secondary PD, I believe this is my situation too.

I have been contemplating tonsollectomies as a possible culprit in one early
apparent symptom.  I have always been a "gagger" e.g. when doctor wanted to
look at throat and especially when eating.  I have always been a slow eater
becuz I pulverized my food by chewing, esp. real solid meats and the like.

I have also contemplated sinus trouble as another precursor.  I 've contended
w/that and of course, it affected my sense of smell.

Possible whiplash in a minor auto mishap followed by probable soft tissue and
nerve damage to my r. side from 3 separate insults to my
hand/arm/neck/shoulder, all in the early '80s were under repetive strain for
several years by  what I now think was wrong-headed pt regimen. Dislocated
shoulder blade in '83.  Was troubled by head pulling to r. esp. in car.  In
late '83 I had a drug insult to my brain by a wrong-headed Ganlion Block
Injection (ordered by neuro #!), and in Spring '84 anathesia was given in
minor female surgury.

Neuro 2 in Fall'84 dx PD. Had slite tremor & little swing r. arm.  No drug
treatment.  Same N dx PD F'85; 2nd opin. fr. N 3 dx PD.  No drug treatment.
 Continued w/pt & water exercise.  Severe Neck Sprain just happened.
 Mechanical, then manual, traction left me w/periodic jaw tremors & stretched
neck.  Fr. late '85 to '87 put on Benedryl (caused rash but helped some),
then Symmetrel (couldn't stand!  affected throat!).  Then Elavil, 25 mg at
bedtime, helped a lot w/ongoing neck pain & arm tremor.
@'87/'88 N 4 (in N 2's office) ordered  a trial on Sinemet,  25/100, which I
took 3 x's a day, in add. to Elavil.  In what I now think was an unfortunate
move on my part, instead of going back to N 4 for follow up, I elected to go
to Neuro 5 (becuz he was a big honshu in PD research)  The only thing was
that the lack of continuity in my case and his view of patients through the
research window may have worked against me in the long run.  Will write
Chapter II at a later sitting.

Barb Blake Krebs